We are looking for a Linux Administrator who will be responsible for designing, implementing, and monitoring the infrastructure; also, to collaborate with other team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes. You will become an integral part of the team, making every problem of the platform a problem of your own, and solve them accordingly. The Linux System Administrator is responsible for effective installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. The system administration tasking will be focused on improving the stability and performance of the system, maintaining and improving the security posture of the systems, continuous monitoring of system health, and troubleshooting issues that arise.
- Help tune performance and ensure high availability of infrastructure
- Design and develop infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools
- Develop and maintain configuration management solutions
- Develop test automation frameworks in collaboration with rest of the team
- Create tools to help teams make the most out of the available infrastructure
- Have hands on experience with Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services
- Systems’ operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual operation
- Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) for the operational infrastructure to include regression testing and implementation
- Install and maintain security patches on the operational and development systems
- Report Security Patch compliance
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Perform daily backup operations
- Create, change and delete user accounts per request as necessary.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage resources
- Bachelor’s degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science, preferred.
- Experience in installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and operating systems in virtualized environments like Microsoft Azure and AWS
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Linux+, e.g., CompTIA Linux+, Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), or Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certifications are important value add
- Five or more years of system administration experience in Linux environments and proficient in tasks such as shell scripting, creating cronjobs, analyzing log files, managing user accounts and groups, configuring IP tables, and setting up mail services.
- Familiarity with web-based technologies, including but not limited to, reverse proxy servers, SSL certificate configuration, three-tier architecture, service-oriented architecture, enterprise service bus, https, and differences between browsers.
- Ability to multi-task, independent, self-starter.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written correspondence) in a professional and courteous manner with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Very good command of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Project.
- Experience in writing technical and non-technical documentations.
- Knowledge of the new trends in computing.
- Deep understanding of Information Security and Encryption.
- Self-motivated and continuous learner and ability to work under stress.
Send your resume to HR@THEMATRA.COM