We are looking for an experienced MySQL database administrator with over 5 years experience in the same position, who will be responsible for ensuring the performance, availability, and security of clusters of MySQL instances. You will also be responsible for orchestrating upgrades, backups, and provisioning of database instances. You will also work in tandem with the other teams, preparing documentations and specifications as required.
- Provision MySQL instances, both in clustered and non-clustered configurations
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
- Prepare documentations and specifications
- Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
- Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Experience in installing, troubleshooting, and operating in virtualized environments like Microsoft Azure and AWS
- Strong proficiency in MySQL and MariaDB database management
- OCP MySQL Admin 5.6 Certification is an important value add.
- Understanding of MySQL’s underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM
- Knowledge of MySQL features, such as its event schedule
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high-level specifications
- Familiarity with other SQL/NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Knowledge of limitations in MySQL and their workarounds in contrast to other popular relational databases
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as (Git / Mercurial / SVN)
- Deep understanding of Information Security and Encryption
- Performance tuning for specific application, applying patches, and securing the DB according to security policies
- Monitor overall performance, disk space, and log generation and manage DB processes and threads
- Manage space for database devices (including Datafiles) and space allocation, according to VT-IS policies and OpCo’s application specifications.
Send your resume to HR@THEMATRA.COM